Based On A True Story review by The Starting Line

• Released: May 10, 2005
The Starting Line: Based On A True Story

I love the sound of this band, and this album. I sometimes find myself blocking out some of the lyrics just to listening to the guitar. Not that the lyrics are bad, or anything. The band doesn't do what Good Charlotte or Simple Plan does, and make it seem all horrible, and whiny, and so on. It's hard to put a label on their sound, (punk, emo, etc). But I do know that they are definatly not pop or anything of that sort.

These are some awesome lyrics that I love. The lyrics and songs just remind me of random media things. In a good way. In a good way. The lyrics go perfectly w/the sound. The lead singer pulls it off when his voice goes a little too high for the sound. I took me forever to relize that his voice did that. Some of my recent inspiration has come from these lyrics. It's amazing for me to think that these songs were actually written. It must have took a lot of thinking of how to put these songs together.

The Starting Line reminds me of The Ataris, but that's just me. The sound and lyrics, and everything is just perfectly mixed and is really awesome! I've had Photograghy stuck in my head for the longest time. They don't make it seem like music is just to be written about being in love, or being heartbroken, or complaining about worthless and meaningless nonsense, like a lot of modern bands do. This whole CD is really amazing, and if it was stolen, or lost, I would do nothing less than to go out and track down this CD and buy it again. I advise people to go get it if you like.

screamo36
    this cd has some great songs, and is somewhat conceptual with all the songs that almost fit into a movie soundtrack. i give it a eight XD