Say It Like You Mean It review by The Starting Line

• Released: Jul 16, 2002
The Starting Line: Say It Like You Mean It

It's sound is pretty good considering it's mostly a softer version of punk. I think the best part of the sound overall is that way the put the soft beats and soft guitar music together. Most of my favorties on here were the softer songs (The Best Of Me is a good example). The reason I like this band a lot is because it's one of those bands that you can listen to if you are sad but it's still rock so it still has a lot of feeling to it. It's mostly that softer version of pop-punk but it still sounds great!

The lyrics were pretty good. If you listen to it you can hear how it's about the singer and how he is addressing a girl or how he wants to savour some moments. The music goes real well with the lyrics. I like the way they seem to have those little echoes at the coolest times. The singer (Kenny) is pretty good. I like the way his voice is just soft but has feeling to it. His voice fits perfectly with the music because the music has that same soft feeling as his voice.

Overall the album is pretty awesome. This band makes me wish there were more like their style. One of the reasons I like the CD is because it has originality to it. His voice is different from regular punk bands and the sound is too. My favorite songs off the album were "Left Coast Envy," "Leaving," "The Best Of Me" and "Given The Chance." If it were lost or stolen I would run to the store for another!