The Make Yourself At Home review by The Starting Line

• Released: Nov 25, 2003
The Starting Line: The Make Yourself At Home

The style of this CD is all acoustic, as it is an acoustic CD. It consists of 5 new singles as well as an acoustic version of "Best of Me." It is amazing how the band can change formats from high energy pop punk to a mellow acoustic wonder. This CD is obviously for a fan of acoustic and mellow tunes, although I wasn't a huge fan of the genre at the time I purchased the CD, it really turned me on to it.

The singer has a great voice, and all of the songs have great lyrics. Like most punk bands, the songs are about life and girls. The words are quite catchy, while still keeping their root meanings. I would say any fan of pop punk/emo would appreciate the messages of the songs.

It is hard to compare this CD to their other CD's because this is meant to be an easy listening chill acoustic EP. I was a fan of the band to begin with and the CD didn't let me down at all, I cannot stop listening to it. The best new song IMO would be 'Playing Favorites' which can also be found on the "Punk Goes Acoustic" Comp. I can't find one thing that I don't like other than there aren't more songs, but its an EP... it isn't supposed to be loaded with tracks. If I lost it I would buy it again without a doubt. This CD is possibly the best $7 you can spend on a CD. It is an amazing CD and now that you have read this review Go Out And Buy It. Stop Reading - Go To Your Local Record Store - Buy It Now!