With Hopes Of Starting Over review by The Starting Line

• Released: Jul 17, 2001
  • Users' score: 1 (1 vote)
The Starting Line: With Hopes Of Starting Over

Okay the sound is definitley pop punk at it's purest form. Simple and catchy. There's nothing wrong with simple, and it was okay. The CD is their first, and they did it with 15 which adds on some major props. I would definitley say this is one of the best EP's I've heard. The whole record is pretty much pop punk. My favorite song is def. the remake, it shows some of the talent these guys actually have.

The lyrics were pretty darn good. Their mainly about girls, or about moving away. Stuff I can definetly relate too, which just makes em' even better. The music sometimes seems to not completely fit the mood that the singer is trying to get throuhg, thus the 9 on lyrics. The singer has obvious talent and any flaws or stuff that goes wrong, he makes up for with his great voice.

This compares to pretty much any pop punk band. Please note this is nothing original, but the riffs are catchy so it keeps you coming back for more. The most impressive song as I stated earlier is def. either Greg's Last Day, or the remake, Nothing Is Going To Stop Us Now. I love the pop punk feel. For some reason I wish that they would have done something a lil more musically powerful, but that's just more or less a personal desire so I'm not going to dock them from rating in this category. The singer and lyrics are great. If I lost this or it got stolen, I would buy it again in a heart beat.

fmfualex
    a song for the girl... type properly... its hard to read your faggot review when you talk like a retard!