Logic Will Break Your Heart review by The Stills

• Released: Oct 21, 2003
The Stills: Logic Will Break Your Heart

This band is one of the most underrated bands of all time. There music is amazing it mixes synth lines with great guitar riffs and is complemented beautifully by awesome vocals. The sound on this album is amazing.

The lyrics are probably the strongest thing on the whole album. They deal with issues like aftermath of 9/11 and other topical issues.

This is The Stills debut album and I will to you know it is going to be hard to beat! The most impressive songs on the album are; Lola Stars And Stripes, Changes Are No Good and the first single Still In Love. The thing I love about this album is that it good of quite simply became another strokes sound album but the band stayed clear of this and have conceived a brilliant debut album. If this CD were lost or stolen I would definitely buy it again and I urge fans of Interpol, The Strokes ect. To buy this album I can guarantee you will be impressed.

TallNerdGuy
    Great, great album. Easily one of my top favorites of all time. But they aren't an emo band, I'm sorry to tell you. People think they are, but they definitely are not. Compare LWBYH to an album of The Used, Silverstein, My Chemical Romance, Aiden, other emo bands with little-to-no talent. Emo bands are cashing in on the fad, and are just signed in order to make some money for some head of a record label. The Stills are an "indie rock" band, which is extremely different than the title of "emo" band. Indie rock has more class, more style, more substance, and has lyrics that don't whine about things that happen everyday. Emo is such a stupid word and label nowadays, and every good and talented band always has that one uneducated fan who, for reasons unknown, believes that the band is "emo." Music can have emotion and still not be emo. Emo, as I said before, is a fad. Emotion makes music independent, original, and addictive. That's why this album by The Stills is so amazing; it's filled with emotion, but has the talent to back it up. Every song has beautiful lyrics, reminicent of poetry spawned from days and days of pondering life, love, and death's lessons. From start to finish, LWBYH sends the listener on a trek through everything they could think of which could inspire or defeat them. Inspiration is abound, though, because the album ends, and one looks back on it, feeling as if they do not need more of the same, and are just content with which they have been given. The album screams originality, and no other band has achieved this melancholic sound that The Stills called their own on this album. Although that 80's new wave sound is slightly noticable, it isn't as obvious as the way bands such as The Killers, The Bravery, or Elkland use it (which are all oddball comparisons to The Stills). To me, this band has achieved the perfect indie rock sound on this album, as every song has the perfect intros, riffs, balance of instruments, lyrics, vocals, and outros. When the last song on the album ends, it doesn't drop you suddenly, it lets you go smoothly, causing the listener to drift away from the album thinking that they have just heard something that isn't just out to impress all of the right people, it has taken on a more meaningful mood and feel. That of course, is different for each person. This album is outstanding. It belongs in every indie rock fan's collection, and if not, it should at least be given a few listens while in an undisturbed environment.
    real_québécois
    I agree, well it isn't an emo group at all. It'a a montreal group with an amazing indie sound. Great album.