The Stone Roses review by The Stone Roses

• Released: Apr 25, 1989
The Stone Roses: The Stone Roses

Melodic, epic, dance record that should have been bigger than it was pave the way for most of the brit music of the '90s. John Squire the greatest guitarist of his generation, ian brown invented the word swagger, bass from Rani pounding amazing rhythm sec with Reni the first man to play break and dance beats on a drum kit, no one sounds like them. In the era of E's and the begining of the manchester scene no cooler sound than the roses an album way before its time still sound up to date.

01. Wanna Be Adored - amazing intro to an album and the band not alot of lyrics in this song but they make it work "don't have to sell ma soul hes already in me." 02. She Bangs The Drums - sound like hes singing about a chick palying with his balls. Best bass line ever driving the song through. Part from being a bit repetitive brilliant tune. 03. Waterfall - classic chiming guitar mad lyrics about some girl getting to fuck away from it all. The drums and bass landmark. 04. Don't Stop - sounds like waterfall backwards trippy tune, for the spliff kicking in half way through the album. 05. Bye Bye Badman - the lyrics in this tune are relevant to the front cover which is painted bye Squire (guitarist), he done all the covers for their albums and singles. The song is about french students reblling in paris at the end of the sixties and been gassed by the man, they had to suck on lemons to breathe. 06. Elizibeth My Dear - this song is about killing the queen you can hear a sniper rifle fire half way through the song. Short song but cool as. 07. Sugar Spun Sister - f--k knows what this is about but another great tune. 08. Made Of Stone - another classic darkest song on the album amazing riff from squire eery verses with an uplifting chorus blows you away. 09. Shoot You Down - sweet tune "time has come to shoot you down" just chills you out again. 10. This Is The One & I Am The Ressurection - then it picks you back up an kicks you right in the nuts with these two classics first lyrics on the album are "I dont have to sell my soul hes already in me, I wanna be adored" last lyrics on the album "I am the ressurection and I am the light" with the best jammin instrumental outro to a an album you ever heard.

This is a must have for any true music fan. They say music is a matter of opinion but with the roses its just the bussiness no matter what your into influences from The Clash to Simon And Garfunkel, Bob Marley to Van Halen just 1st class. Since that time period it seems a lot of bands go for a big anthem sound the difference is they bands plan all that shit and spend years trying, wer as The Stone Roses for a debut just done that through feeling they kicked it of. Sound like no one else greatest band never to have made it big. F--king shame but still I'm telling you now so ithe legends living. Check out the remixes album too with likes of Oakenfold on Waterfall and Grooverider on ther classic single Fools Gold.