First Impressions of Earth review by The Strokes

• Released: Dec 30, 2005
The Strokes: First Impressions of Earth

The album First Impressions Of Earth is a very good album. The Strokes comination of bass and two rythm guitars make a truly unique sound. I'd like to emphasize the great rythm guitaarists. They use a balanced mix of notes and chords and their pace makes for a very up-beat sound. The great beats and rythms of The Strokes make t hem a commendable alternative band.

In my opinion the lyrics on this album are not especially extrodinary. Rather they were mediocre. Even though the lyrics were not great the vocalist for The Strokes is very talented and has a great voice. The speed of his singing is usually slower than the speed of the instruments witch makes a different sound. Overall the lyrics are not goood even though the vocalist is very talented.

The album is very similar to their earlier albums. The album has fast-paced songs along with slower, mellow songs with gives a variety of beats and speeds. Some good songs on the album are Juicebox, Heart In A Cage, Fear Of Sleep, and Red Light. I like the album because of the talent of the guitarists and the up-beat tempo. I dislike the amount of slower-paced songs.