First Impressions of Earth review by The Strokes

• Released: Dec 30, 2005
The Strokes: First Impressions of Earth

The Strokes have always had a very classic rock kind of style, this album is no exception. Their sound has not changed much over the years and the only exception on this album to that particular style is "Ask Me Anything". The sound is great if your into that classic rock kind of sound. It's also good for anyone who is into modern music.

On the first two Strokes albums the lyrics were always catchy and great, but they weren't flat out amazing. However, on this album singer Julian Casablancas lyrics are indeed flatout amazing. Also Julians vocals are just sensational he really has improved his voice on this record. Also, on the first 2 albums the vocals seemed to be turned down or distorted, but on this record they seem to be much louder and more understandable which definatley maked listening more enjoyable. Whenever he just starts screaming I almost get goose bumps. With lyric like "The sky is not the limit and your never gonna guess what is" just make this album Flat out amazing.

Awesome album, one of the best albums of the year. Stand out tracks are "You Only Live Once", "Razorblade", "Fear Of Sleep", "15 Minutes", "Ize Of The World", and "Red Light". Not much anything to hate abotu this album except maybe "Ask Me Anything" because it is very different than any other Storkes song you have to hear it to know what I'm talking about. This album is great I'll buy it as many times as I have to, I truly recomend this awesome album.