First Impressions of Earth review by The Strokes

• Released: Dec 30, 2005
The Strokes: First Impressions of Earth

Many people have said that this album does not compare to the other two. I disagree. I think that The Strokes were just attempting to expand on what they already had. They wanted to build on their old stuff. In some ways, it worked really well. All of the members of the band contribute musically greatly. Albert and Nick blend their guitars masterfully, and Nickolai plays some really good bass riffs. Fabrizio really showed that is he is a good drummer.

Jules has never really written great lyrics, but they are decent. In this album he has some lyrical meanings with songs like on the other side. As for ask me anything, I really don't know what he is talking about but I like the song. I also think that Jules' raspy singing voice is good.

The Strokes are definetly influenced by some older stuff in the '70s yet they bring a new taste to it. They do their job well and make good music. If this CD was stolen, I would definetly buy a new one. My overall impression of this album is really positive.

idpod
    yeah, he does! I loved this album, there are some real gems on it!