First Impressions of Earth review by The Strokes

• Released: Dec 30, 2005
The Strokes: First Impressions of Earth

Mt first impression of this CD was "Wow, through a few changes, these guys still sound great!" With there Alternative type style, mixed with each of their own contributions, they still came out with an amazing CD. Though a few of the songs are a little darker than the rest of their songs, namely Heart in a cage. You only live once is a classic Strokes songs, deeply reflecting the rest of their music. And of course, with an amazing solid bass line, "Juicebox" (a nice little twist from the rest of the Cd) is one of their greatest hits. These guys, are in my opinion, some of the greatest musicians of the time!

All of the lyrics of this CD seem to have a deeper meaning than one would get at first glance, but some other lyrics couldnt be Clearer. No matter what they always sound great! The singing is always great as well! He has a uniqness about his voice that makes you remember what you here. Add that to the amazing Drumming, and the Guitars and you have one hell of a band! Its plain to see that without any of these guys, the band would not be the same.

I would recomend this CD to anyone I came across, as well as "Is This It" and "Room On Fire." They should definetly be part of your CD collection. All of these songs are great. There sound is amazing, and I would deffently buy another copy if stolen! Please tell me what you think of the Strokes. To me, they are the greatest band in the world. Better than most of the bands you would here on the Radio.

Electric_sk8r
    I personally favorite this album [First Impressions of Earth ]. I think that this album as a positive transition for The Strokes. I like almost all the songs on the cd (more then any other), so i'd call it their best yet!!! followed by "Room on Fire ", and finally "Is This It ". Awesome cd overall... Red Light and Ize of the World are 2 of my... let's see... 13 favorites off of this cd. Julian Casablancas DOES have a good voice.[/quote]