First Impressions of Earth review by The Strokes

• Released: Dec 30, 2005
The Strokes: First Impressions of Earth

It seems that The Strokes base there music around the "Jekyll And Hyde" Overdrive peddle. I myself wish to by one, but they r semi hard to find, and I'm not in a finical position to do so. "You Only Live Once" gives me the most emotional high on this album. Juice box has a Fastest tempo on the album. This I would give the album a 12-11/14, has a high amount of great songs, making is a near to perfect album. I did see a few songs with solos that weren't necessary or didn't belong, like Ize Of The World (but I still love that song, especially the chorus). Best song on the album, a cross between Heart In cage and You only live once. I loved every minute of this album!

The lyrics don't always make sense, but they're catchy, fun, and full of emotion. His singing is very unique, perfect for the lyrics 'cause of the emotion he puts in his voice. Many call The Strokes a more of a depressing/emo band but, I think they hold your emotional state in the palms of there hands, and can easily shape it how they please, just like clay.

Overall a great album, my favorite. They should differently have a greatest hit album in a few years. The songs fill me with many emotions when I listen to them, and I think that's the key to their success. Their music still is very unique and I love it more than anything. The closest bands I can think of that may be similar at all maybe U2 and maybe The Killers.