Room on Fire review by The Strokes

• Released: Oct 28, 2003
The Strokes: Room on Fire

Room On Fire a very impressive album when it comes to sound. Clear quality, catchy riffs like 12:51's and some superb solo's like the mindblowing one in Reptilia. The band plays well with no mistakes or music which doesn't fit. Their songs often have clean guitar and heavy bass which go well together.

The lyrics are excellent. They fit the music, are cleverly written and are catchy. The lead singer out of Strokes sings in a unique way. The way he sings in my opinion is in contrast to the music which actually is good as it makes the music different from any other song and is quite alot more interesting to listen to.

This album tops any other which I have heard. This album is in its own league. Ther most impressive songs are 12:51 with uts catchy guitar and Reptilia with its great vocals and riffs. I love all of the songs on the album, there isn't anything I dislike really. I would buy this album again if it was stolen or lost.

stumaster18
    Amazing CD. Amazing band. Every song is golden. The Strokes deserve to be where they are.
    Daniel Pearce
    havana_Affair19 wrote: 12:51 one is one of my favorite songs
    Same...ever - not just on the album.
    benjidude945
    I actually never liked 12:51 that much I've always thought Reptilia was better I Can't Win rocks on this album! Under Control, The End has No End, and You Talk Way Too Much are also all awesome songs!!
    quepasta123
    Another album you can keep listening to over and over again...personal favorites are 12:51 (probably the catchiest song I've ever heard) and Automatic Stop.
    patydcs96
    Your review is so clean, excellent use of vocabulary and expression. Cheers!
    Scarlettred
    Great Album. This captures me so much. The Strokes are truly an orignal band with their own eclectic unique sounds. No one conquers like the Strokes. :]