All Or Nothing Review

The Subways: All Or Nothing
Release Date: Jun 18, 2008
Label: WEA
Genres: Alternative Pop/Rock, Punk-Pop
This album saw the band decamp to LA to work with legendary US alt-rock producer Butch Vig, who beefed up and smoothed out their sound.
 8.8
 8.7
 8.9
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
All Or Nothing Reviewed by: danlally, on august 13, 2008

Sound: When I was about ready to listen to the whole album, I was expecting the same sort of record Young For Eternity would be like, I was kinda off. This album is just a whole lot more rock than YFE. This is what makes it brillant, this what make's the subways brillant. When you first listen to the album the first song 'Girls And Boys' gets you going for the rest of the album, each and every song sounds like it's well worked on. This is the subways turning their amps up a whole lot more to 11! // 9

Lyrics: Lyrics here are just as good as they were in YFE. Billy 'Lead singer, guitarist' wrote a lot of the songs in america at the time and it's shown here with the hard rocking "Kalifornia". Overall the lyrics this time are focusing on other people and places and how you wont let them down or forget them but I'm not so sure it's as good as YFE, but then again. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall, I love this album and I love this band even more. I now have one album with classic songs and one that's to-be-a-classic. If you like to party, get it now. // 9

Comments