Young for Eternity review by The Subways

• Released: Jul 4, 2005
The Subways: Young for Eternity

You can tell what sound these guys were going for right off the mark! They wamted to make punk album. No not a punk album like Blink or Green Day where the only thing punk about them are their looks. I hate bands that call themselves punk but the only have that title through a nose ring, died black hair and the belt round their arse. Far too many bands and adoring public have lost sight of what punk should be. Punk used to be a sound. Does anybody remember a band called Sex Pistols. Well that is it! That is punk - rebellling, fingers up to anyone that found you offensive. Coldplay could dress up like a "punk" and call themselves a punk band unfortunately however even The Subways aren't that. But their sound is close. There's actually a pop element to the songs. But another way of telling you this is punk album is that the bassline is ampted up the guitar has a bang bang bang style and drums bangs on. It not great music but punk doesn't have to be to have a great sound.

I kinda said it all in my b--ch slap of those punk bands that aren't real punk. The compliance with the music with the lyrics are excellent they really go together. I think we have a great songwriter on our they seem so simple bbut you wouldn't think them he offers lyrics that teenager might wanna air guitar sing to while keeeping away from a singalong album miss Lavigne's Let Go. Again the singers isn't great but it punk name great punk singer.

This album really works and you need to hear it I took an intant like to it. An band you could compares these to would be The Vines. If you have listened to Rock And Roll Queen you'll know how good this band are another athem would Oh Yeah and Young For Eternity will have glued to listening to the album. A must for anybody that thinks Green Day, Blink, Good Charlotte etc. s--t and have the same feeling as me toward punk.