Legendary review by The Summer Set

• Released: Apr 16, 2013
  • Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
The Summer Set: Legendary

So I first heard of The Summer Set from Fearless Records' "Punk Goes Classic Rock" with their cover of KISS' "Rock And Roll All Nite." I enjoyed the cover, but I didn't go and check out any of their albums. The lead singer really has this neat voice though, and recently I heard their single "Boomerang" on YouTube. I thought it was a clever sounding song, and decided to get the album "Legendary." They have this pop-punk feel, but more towards the pop than punk. All of the lyrics easily get stuck in your head, and they are fun to listen too.

My overall impression of the lyrics... Ummm. Not bad, some of them sound "immature" to me. Like in "Boomerang" when he says "If I was Jay-Z you'd be my Beyonce, we could rock the nation like they do..." Very clever lyrics, but I don't know they are just kind of weird. In "Maybe Tonight," that's a great song by the way, the lyrics are inspirational. The lead singer has a unique voice, and I love it on this album. The lyrics and the music fit well together, I think this will end up being one of those "Top 40" bands though. I can easily imagine hearing them on the radio.

I honestly don't think it compares to any other artists albums off of the top of my head. It's a unique album for sure. The most impressive songs would be "Maybe Tonight," "Jukebox (Life Goes On)," "Boomerang," "7 Days," and "Legendary." I love all of the upbeat songs, but what I don't like is that they cuss quite a bit. And I think that that could turn away younger fans. They are a good-looking band, they sound great, they are very loyal to their fans as well. There's not much to hate! If this album got lost, I don't think I would bother to buy it again, but that's just my opinion. It's a good album, but it's not a GREAT album.

YouTube preview picture
YouTube preview picture

vppark2
    The thing that I did not like about this review other than it was short, was the way you brought things up. Start up the review expecting the reader to not know anything about this band. Give an introduction that will fit nicely. Then you can explain how you found out about them. Also, confidence is key. No one wants to read a review that has "Umm" or "I don't know" placed. That shows a sign that maybe, possibly the reviewer did not take the time to know what he/she was talking about. Other than that, I do appreciate you reviewing an album from a band not many would dare touch upon on this website. My next suggestion is to review The Maine's new album. Im not overly into any of this stuff btw, but keep reviewing.
    kenziethomas13
    This isn't my favorite genre, but I enjoy checking it out. Thanks for the feedback! I will improve as I go along. I'm looking forward to checking out the Maine's new album along with Forever the Sickest Kids' and Falling in Reverse.
    Oborth
    This album is pretty good for a pop punk band it's a pity the overall rating is just 6 .