Warp Riders review by The Sword

• Released: Aug 24, 2010
The Sword: Warp Riders

Damn, this sound is straight out of Austin, at it's finest. It isn't exactly what I expected for them to dive into REALLY far, but hell, it sounds just as wicked as anything else on the block. They are from Texas, eh? The singing has gotten better since Gods of the Earth, the guitar has stayed mildly the same, no major changes other than the toning down from the more shredding side.

Can this guy belt it or what? I really think he did one hell of a job, has definitely gotten better. But who am I to judge HOW he sings? He melded his style, and that's important for a band to have their own style. Not anything close to most new wave "Metal" bands out there, but it's just as unique as Ozzy, Geddy, and hell, even Brent Hinds.

It's kicking my ass as I type. Oh Lordy, they do a good job of bringing back GOOD Metal to the table. Nice, original, and classic, that's just the key here. Maybe not Crack the Skye, maybe not the Blue Record, but it's up there on my list. We need saviors in the music industry, and these guys are helping 100% percent. I've go to say, the opening song floored me, and all of them just slipped into one another, and that's important in an album, the coherency of the songs. Let's hope this is a great seller, and that they can continue their classic metal comeback.

goest
    LambOfFoden wrote: I got this album and listened to it on my ride to work today, and I was viciously dissapointed. This is barely hard rock. NOT metal. The lyrics are the only part of this package I would tout to anyone, as the vocal tone, and guitar tone for that matter, are boring as hell. I was expecting a helluva lot moar, and maybe thats why I'm hating on this so hard, but I have a very open mind with music, and metal, and this record is crap. Maybe once they learn to come up with a hook, or at least an original riff, I'll give some props. But not for this boring piece of crap.
    The tone is meaty and the hooks abound. Maybe you're just deaf...? *shurg*
    azisnomarsa
    I saw them like ~2 years ago, warming up Metallica. They were together with Down, and I must say we all were left unimpressed. That show by them was really bland and there was nothing that captured us. However when Down stepped on the stage every one went ballistic. So I don't know, I will check it out, but they are def. not my cup of tea.
    qotsakyuss
    It's alright no where as near as good as the first two albums though, theres a few good riffs here and there but the songs really dont stand up to the first two albums in my opinion. Theres only so much their gonna be able to do with the style they are though really. Met them in TJ's a few years back, cool guys
    kristjanpalmi
    A couple songs earlier The Nechromancer Part I: Hubris, has a darker distortion with a slower more blackish metal riff.
    shiii... the songs are called ; The Chronomancer part I and II..
    1970SGFU
    everyone who says they want more metal like this should look up pentagram, iron claw, josefus, and if you can find it bull angus.... they're all awesome metal bands that formed right after sabbath. also death... not death from florida but the first metal band death from michigan. they're a little punkier than others, but still awesome. all these bands were too dark and drugged out to be popular and just not as good as sabbath.
    Pablotheunicorn
    krvolok wrote: The singing in this album through me off guard to be honest. It was unbelievable, the album was listed as heavy metal to Itunes, and immediately I thought "Oh boy here comes some raw screams." 40 years of vocal heritage are just obliterated in two sentences.
    I think they are referring to the fact that Itunes/alot of "metal fans" miscategorize things near constantly and have no idea what they're talking about Either that or they're morons, I hope for the former
    cliffbassdb
    Watch as I write a better review: The guitars are good. The drums are on beat. The choruses are catchy. I like this album. It was good. Now hire me, UG!
    LambOfFoden
    BearCaveEcho
    ruker wrote: YOUR BANDS?!?!?!?!
    Why hello there, douchebag. JK, I love you too XD
    Fatally Sick101
    This album is awesome. It sounds like a mix between Black Sabbath, Metallica, and Thin Lizzy! I love Lawless Lands, Warp Riders, and Night City the most. This if a must to listen to if you haven't.
    bamboy1104
    The sword is the best band of all time. No one else compares to the abilities of them. With every single element a great band should have, the sword takes the top for me out of best f**king bands of all time.