Warp Riders review by The Sword

• Released: Aug 24, 2010
The Sword: Warp Riders

The Sword continually put out great music and "Warp Riders" is no different. It is a concept album and it is very damn good. This band has a retro groove and I have listened to this album a lot. I don't even know the names of most of the songs and don't really care. I have heard this album so many times that I love every riff and the album just has an excellent groove all the way through. "Gods Of The Earth" is an excellent album, but this album is written, produced, and delivered better.

This is a concept album and has two instrumentals on it. The lyrics and the music fit very well. I love the fact that these guys play vintage Les Paul's and Orange amplification. The Sword can effing play. They play awesomely. JD Cronis is extremely creative and you can tell this is his band, but the rest of the band belong there. Kyle Shutt is a shredder even though this is a classic rock band, this dude can play unbelievably. "Warp Riders" is their original drummer's last album, and he delivers on every song. The vocals kind of have a Sabbath meets ZZ Top meets Zeppelin. Excellent music, excellent lyrics. Well done boys.

There is nothing I dislike about this album honestly. Even the instrumentals are excellent. There are no other metal bands out there like these guys. Metallica has taken them on the road and they played the Orion Festival that Metallica put on. Very different than all the "core" bands out there. You put these guys on a tour with High On Fire and Mastodon and that might be the best metal tour on the planet. Even if this is your first experience with The Sword, don't let it be your last. I bought their latest album "Apocryphon" and it rocks too. Check these guys out. Excelllent band and a great album!

ris789
    I'm making $86 an hour working from home. I was shocked when my neighbour told me she was averaging $95 but I see how it works now. I feel so much freedom now that I'm my own boss. This is what I do, Fox92dotcom