Den Of Thieves review by The Trews

• Released: Sep 13, 2005
The Trews: Den Of Thieves

The Trews are a great Canadian band with a lot of potential. Their music is heavily classic rock influenced, but has a pop-alt sound as well. The solos sound alot like Slash's solos, except on a cleaner distortion. The music on this CD sounds alot like their debut release "House Of Ill Fame," except there are more instruments involved like trumpets and piano. The only problem I have with the CD is that there are a lack of guitar solos compared to their last CD. On the first CD there are about 10 solos, while Den Of Thieves only has about 4-5. But nevertheless, this a great CD to listen to if your in a good mood or if your just with your friends. It's very radio-friendly, but also has a straight up, kickass rock n roll sound at the same time.

The Trews' lyrics are very basic. There is nothing really special about them. They are not bad, but they are not that great either. The lyrics are very simple. Most songs are about relationships. Pretty typical for a band thats making it way into the mainstream. Overall, I'd say 3, because they are very basic, but their type of music doesnt really require amazing lyrics to sound good. I think the band focus more on the music than anything.

Den Of Thieves definately shows that there are talented bands in the Canadian music scene. I suggest this album to all rock n roll fans out there, who just want to listen to a fun CD. You'll have a great time listening to songs like "She's So Leaving" (possibly the best Trews song ever written), "Cry" and "Montebello Park" (named after a park that is located near me hehe). I would definately buy this CD again, it's definately worth the money I paid for it, so overall, I'll say 4/5. The only thing I have a problem with is the lack of solos. Either than that, the CD is absolutely rocking!