Den Of Thieves review by The Trews

• Released: Sep 13, 2005
The Trews: Den Of Thieves

It seems as if this album is straight out of the '70s. Den Of Thieves is straight rock and roll with some great guitar licks/solos. The trews sound has evolved a little bit in this album over their last album as they are experimenting with different instruments, sound effects and different vocals. In my opinion their experimenting pays off on Den Of Thieves, it sounds great.

Probably the biggest improvement from this album to their last is the vocals. The vocals have improved tremendously. However, the lyrics aren't anything to write home about, but they work great with the music so it makes up for it. The weakest part of this band has really improved on Den of Thieves.

Overall, this album is excellent. The guitar in this album sounds a lot like Led Zeppelin and the vocals are pop-rockish, but they seem to combine really well. There are several songs on this album that are sure to be big hits such as "So She's Leaving," "Fire Up Ahead," and "Makin Sunshine". My only complaint on this album is that all of the songs are approximately the same length. However, it is a sweet CD and is selling at a very low price so if I lost it I would pick up another copy.

jojoshman
    i saw the trews for free at the peterborough festival od lights and the were great they did a great version of sergeant peppers lonely hearts clud by the beatles it was a freakin sweet show
    blinnk16
    For anyone who wants to hear a good demonstration of the vocals/piano/guitar all working together into an absolutely amazing song - Check out "I can't say."
    steve5k
    i'm trying to get this album but can,t find it anywhere in grimsby
    killjoys
    well ur an idiot... u can find them in like hmv or something if worse comes to worse limewire it or ebay search it