Fourteen Autumns & Fifteen Winters Review

Label: Fat Cat
 8.7
 9.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Fourteen Autumns & Fifteen Winters Reviewed by: Crackinskulls', on august 02, 2011

Sound: The Twilight Sad, an Indie Rock band that hails from Scotland definitely have a very different sound from mainstream type music, it has a very indie feel to it, makes it very appealing. I definitely think their vocalist is very talented; the band has pretty standard instruments, guitar, vocals, drums, piano and bass. The guitars have a very distorted and have some chorus effect to them, the drums of course very steady, very clear. Overall I think the band has achieved some feat in creating a new sound for the indie genre. // 9

Lyrics: Personally, The Twilight Sads' singer, James, has a very distinctive voice, not only because of his scotish accent, but also because his singing is on it's own level. Basically the way he sings is not only great for his band to achieve their own sound but it puts him on his own level against other singers. The Twilght Sads' lyrics are,... a bit random they deal with many things, isolation, serperation, life choices, etc, etc. // 7

Overall Impression: My overall impression of this band? I think they have a great thing going, they're achieved crafting a new sound in the indie spectrum, they're got a great singer and great musicians working together to create something entirely different. Their whole album, "Fourteen Autums & Fifteen Winters", could possibly be one of the best indie albums I own. To all who don't know them check out their title tracks, "Cold Days From The Birdhouse", and "That Summer At Home I Had Become An Invisible Boy". Those two tracks are definitely some of the best but take a listen for yourself, because believe me if I didn't have this album I'd definitely buy it after one hearing! // 10

Comments