State Of Discontent review by The Unseen

• Released: May 10, 2005
The Unseen: State Of Discontent

This is really a great album to listen to. It is fast punk rock with great vocals from both Tripp and Mark. I first decided to listen to after reading an article about them in a magazine and decided to listen to them. When I heard "You Can Never Go Home" I had to listen to again it is an amazing song. I could listen to this album all day.

The lyrics are diverse, they sing about a lot of different things. The talk about the war in "Weapons Of Mass Deception" and how they were never found. They have songs like hit and run, about a guy killing a kid in a hit and run. They also did a cover of Paint It Black originally by The Roling Stones. The singer is great to listen to.

I haven't heard any other albums, but I plan to get them soon. The most impressive songs are Hit And Run, Screaming Out, On The Other Side, and Weapons Of Mass Deception. I love the raw punk rock feeling and the energy of the album, I can really relate to it. If this album ever got lost or stolen I would buy it again it is an over all great album, with 14 amazing songs.

Adam_Harrison9
    Straight-edge? I think you'll find that is wrong. They all drink beer and smoke weed. It is tripp's autobiography. But yes I agree that the Unseen are Gods.
    Lord Vodka
    The way you talk about the cd shows me that you don't know a thing about it... by the way, it's "Scream Out", not "Screaming out". The Unseen are punk gods, but this article...
    AFireInside198x
    I would kinda of agree with "punk gods" because The Unseen is one of the few actual straight-edge punk bands still around... they didn't sell out at all.