The Metway Sessions [EP] Review

artist: The Upper Room date: 11/28/2005 category: compact discs

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ad free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Release Date: 2005
Label: Sony
Genres: Rock
The Upper Room have a very unique sound and there not much around like them.
 9.6
 9.3
 9.8
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
The Metway Sessions [EP] Reviewed by: BI9_emu, on november 28, 2005

Sound: The Upper Room have a very unique sound and there not much around like them. 'The Metway Sessions' can be downloaded for free from their website. It contains a version of the the previous single 'All Over This Town' which it to be re-released in the very near future. The highlight of this EP for me is Portrait as it is well writen and played by the band. The whole EP is acoustic. I am giving it an 9 for sound only because there non acoustic stuff is better. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are very well writen and Alex's vocals sound realy suit the music and a bonus in comparison to many english bands he doesn't put on a fake american accent. // 10

Overall Impression: The Upper Room are a great band and will probably be very big in the UK next year. This is a great tatser for there music although there non acoustic songs are better (Black And White, All Over This Town and Combination) if I was to loose this CD I would have to Download the songs again but I would be must annoyed as I would loose the artwork as I have the orignal release with the art work. // 9

Comments