Artwork review by The Used

• Released: Aug 31, 2009
The Used: Artwork

I think that The Used is one of the most creative bands in a long time. There self titled is one of my favorite albums to date along with there second album In Love And Death. But Lies for the Liars was a little disappointing but still loved it. Not only that but all there songs are fun to play on guitar. But The Used new album Artwork is different. Artwork is above Lies for the Liars but below the first two albums. The sound of the CD brings back memories from In Love and Death but without as much screaming(by the way the screaming is only in the background). The highlights of the new album is some of the slow stuff. But the Problem I have with this album is that some of the songs on the album sound alike. But they don't sound DragonForce alike which is definitely a good thing. If you are a true fan of The Used like I am and have seen them in concert like I have then buy this album because there are some really good songs on this album that are catchy as hell.

Bert McKracken is one the greatest song writers I have listened to. He writes lyrics that are beautiful and that people can relate to. He has great songs like On My Own, Hard To Say, and Yesterdays Feelings. And two of the songs that stick out are Empty With You and Kissing You Goodbye.

If you are a true fan of The Used like I am and have seen them in concert like I have then buy this album because there are some really good songs on this album that are catchy as hell. But this album isn't as good as the first two albums but it is better than Lies For the Liars.