In Love And Death review by The Used

• Released: Sep 28, 2004
The Used: In Love And Death

I would say the songs have gotten more melodic, more of a rhythm and beat you can move to. In some ways, the sound has changed from the first album, but you can still tell it's a used cd. Still a lot of screaming, but it's not screaming like George from Alexisonfire, the screaming is in the right places of the songs. I'm lovin' the guitar riffs, really catchy, the drums you can't help beating your head to, the bass goes right with the guitar, and the singing is infectious with a touch of pop.

The title of the album probably tells it all it's mostly about love. The lyrics do seem like they've been thought out for awhile and they are catchy and not cheesed up, like a lot of love songs. After a while though it is kinda repetitive, and the listener wants a topic other than love. Singing skills great screaming, pure clear voice.

Well it's a hell lot better than the last couple albums I bought, thank god it was a relief from the shitty albums other people made. It's kinda like an energizer album-not an album I'd listen to while sitting on a chair. My fave songs from the album have gotta be from track 1 to 5. I love that the used seem to be more thoughtful than a lot of other artists. I hate that the lyrics kinda get worn out. If it were stolen or lost first of all, if anybody stole something from me I'd hunt them down and this album is no exception. Second I'd probably buy the album if I had to.