In Love And Death review by The Used

• Released: Sep 28, 2004
The Used: In Love And Death

The sound on this album definitely has a lot more energy on it as appose to the first album. Tracks like "Take It Away" and Listening are perfect examples of how the guitars and drums have became faster and harder. Then there are tracks like "Hard To Say" and "Yesterday's Feelings" that are the complete opposite, slow and melodic. You great diverse range of sound on this album which is sure to please every one.

The lyrics are what personally stood out for me on this album. Bert is (in my opinion) one of the best writers in his genre. I don't know well any other singers in the scremo/punk genre that has the same vocal range as Bert and the lyrical diversity.

I think that "In Love And Death" is The Used best album to date. Mainly for the fact that it has more energy and is musically more diverse than there first record. There are so many good songs on this album it is hard to chose the best ones. But I believe the most impressive tracks are "Light With A Sharpened Edge," "I'm A Fake," I Caught Fire (In Your Eyes)" and "All That I've Got." If this CD were lost or stolen there would be no doubt in my mind whether or not I would by it again, I would already be at the shop now. This is an excellent record that I believe everyone should give a listen to. It is very close to being my favorite record of all time.