In Love And Death review by The Used

• Released: Sep 28, 2004
The Used: In Love And Death

Compared to the band's first album, I think they have done alot of growing. There is more to the music now than a grunged out guiter and screaming. Now don't get me wrong, their first album is a masterpiece (I'm a hardcore The Used fan), but thier sound on this album has progressed alot.

Bert McCracken is a wonderful song writer. His lyrics are very percise, but at the same time very vague. For a shallow person with no feelings, the lyrics wouldn't make sense, but for screamo fans, there are so many ways what bert is saying can be interpreted. And the way they are written makes all the difference. Bert's voice is perfect for the music, too. He doesn't scream as much on this album as he does on the first one, but when he does, it fits the music. What the lyrics say and how Bert says them fills me with so much emotion, he really makes me feel the music.

This CD is a lifeline. No matter what's going on, there is a song for it on this CD. And the music is played and sung with such artistic talent that I can put the CD in, and drift off into another world and really connect with the music. It's beautiful.