In Love And Death review by The Used

• Released: Sep 28, 2004
The Used: In Love And Death

This album shows anger, emotions, its frantic and heartbreaking. They have taken elements from emo punk and post hardcore and fused them. Their sound is original even though you get some idiots saying that they are copying My Chemical Romance (but that's another story). I really enjoyed this album when I got it and still but some songs do some like other but still a good album.

Bert Mcracken's song writing skills are good but he does moan about the odd girlfriend. In emotional songs lyrics get cheesy with other bands but no The Used Bert deserves credit for this. The lyrics fit in well with the music(but really if they did'nt I'm sure they wouldn't have a record deal). Bert voice is not great but above average he has quite a decent range.

People would be quik to compare them with My Chemical Romance I do see a resemblance but not an uncanny one. There are obvious filler tracks like Yesterdays Feelings and Sound Effects And Overdramitics. Also a few tracks sound the same like Yesterdays Feelings Hard To Say and Cut Up Angels but still a good album.

xx7xx?
    this cd is reely cool i love it! and im a fake is reely cool too. the only thing is um the the song thats its hard to say that i was wrong and the other one yesderdays feeling i think thats what its called those 2 songs are to slow for my taste but i still like it.
    f1f2
    this cd is better than their debut album. and i agree with xx7xx?, the only track that i hate in this album is "Yesterday's Feelings". "Hard To Say" is so good and Bert McCracken did a good job in writing this song.
    Geek_Aus
    yeah, i bought it. its ok. i like take it away and i can't remember the other ones i like.
    punk_isntemo12
    i love this cd. the songs are rawly emotional and you can understand the screamo lyrics(thats a good thing) my favourite tracks off this album would have to be Light With A Sharpened Edge, Let It Bleed, Take It Away, I'm A Fake, Listening and Sound Effects And Over Dramatics. keep up the good work Used.