In Love And Death review by The Used

• Released: Sep 28, 2004
The Used: In Love And Death

Yeah, I think it's similar to their first album, but I still enjoy this album up to now. It is the same as well as different from the "The Used" album. For me, this is one of the albums that are catchy and original. In Love And Death 'ranges' from heavy screaming Sound Effects and Over Dramatics to like soft, pop-like Hard To Say. It's kinda sudden when, after hearing 'Listening', you hear this soft melody of 'Yesterday's Feelings'. There isn't much screaming in it, like their self-titled album had. They've added on some string instruments too. Anyways, I liked the sound of it, and didn't find it disappointing. But it can somewhat disappoint the fans who liked their hardcore sound better.

The lyrics are really original. It's nice to hear something different from all that repetition that's going on in the mainstream rock bands. They're not exactly straight-forward, but I find them really meaningful. Bert writes good and sometimes weird lyrics and he's also good at screaming. He also writes about stuff that has happened to him or something like that, not just making up a random story then forming it to a song. His lyrics are something that people can relate to. I haven't found any artists that have better lyrics than them.

In Love And Death is such a great album you can listen to whenever you want. It would be one of the albums that I would put in my mp3 player. I really like "Let It Bleed", "I'm A Fake" and "Cut Up Angels". I love the beginning of 'I'm A Fake', it's different and awesome as. If this was stolen/lost, I'd buy it again.

Invisible Girl
    i agree. i love this cd too! my favorite songs are probably "let it bleed","all that i've got", and "cut up angels". the used is better than ever!!