Lies For The Liars review by The Used

• Released: May 22, 2007
The Used: Lies For The Liars

The sound of this new album has increased from the last album released with much better and improved guitar playing skills. Although I was somewhat dissapointed with the bass lines made by Jeph as I feel they aren't as good as some of the riffs in the albums In Love And Death and The Used. The best song I've heard so far for bass is With Me Tonight. In this new album it seems to follow a sort of story linked to a character named Chadam, all following Lies. Although this story is included I can't help but feel that a lot of the songs are written about the frontman of My Chemical Romance, Gerrad Way.

I feel that some of the songs the lyrics have gone dow to pure basics. You can practically sing along without hearing the song before, which does have it's posotives, but it also has a lot of negatives. The lyrics go well with the music but as I said the lack of complicated lyrics and even the use of a nursery rhyme (liar liar pants on fire) they aren't overlly great. Although the lyrics aren't a strong point you can definatley hear the improvements in Berts voice although I wold lke a bit more screaming to bring the used back to the used album.

I would give this album a 10 as it is definatley a much better album then In Love And Death and probally about the same as The Used just down to poor lyrics used. The most impressive songs on this album have to be: Pretty Handsome Awkward (down to the fact it's the one song with a bit of a solo), Paralyzed (the riffs have got a nice feel to them), Hospital (the lyrics are catchy and the riff goes well with the feel). The things I love about this album is the improvement in the guitar and the cathcyness of the lyrics. But this is also the thing I don't like, the pure simplicity of the lyrics (which is why they are cathcy). If this album was stolen I would definatley buy it again, well that's if they where both stolen as I have to. The normal and the special edition.

Brittane_
    They Do Not Sound Like MCR I'm personally not a fan of Mcr, But i'm not here to bash. I love the used, I always have. They're the greatest. And This CD is amazing.