Lies For The Liars review by The Used

• Released: May 22, 2007
  • Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
The Used: Lies For The Liars

This albums sound has really changed. The used have taken away alot of the stuff, such as the rawness of the sound. It sounds more edited than the orginal, the pace has changed quite a bit and of course with the change of drummers the style for the drums has changed quite a bit which has changed the whole rhythm section. I would say I like this album it still has the good feel The Used music has but it does not have the uniqueness. I wonder how they went from their orginal work to this more mainstream work; is it the drummer change?, they felt they needed somthing new? They feel this music is more matured? They needed to meet the target audience at the time? Or it just happend?

These lyrics are not nearly as deep in my opion as their orginal stuff. The concepts are a little too mainstream and even the vocals show it. The vocals are not nearly as dramatic as they used to be, the passion isn't there nearly as much as it was in the beginning. But, people change, life changes and outlook changes overtime.

I like this album it's pretty catchy, and fun sounding but it is not the same as the orginal work. I could say that it's not them but every artist changes espically when they are as popular as the used. Time changes fans change, they may have just fed the future fans or they may have just needed something new to fit the new line up. Whatever it is it doesn't matter all that matter is the used it still around playing shows and playing old songs.

bradd101
    Stevie B wrote: edibledevilboy wrote: dno what the bad reviews everywhere are about That would be because its a pretty shit album compared to their other stuff. Wouldn't be rated so badly if it was good would it..
    Then it's obviously not shit, considering the amount of good reviews