Maybe Memories Review

9.3
 9.8
 8.7
Maybe Memories Reviewed by: randomkiller, on april 03, 2006

Sound: First off, this is a awesome album. It's live concerts are awesome. The used sound better live, in my opinon. The home demos are great, they show how hard the used worked to get to where they are. The unreleased tracks, Just A Little and Alone This Holiday, are great. Sometimes I Just Go For it is amazing, probably the only piano-only song I can stand, but I actualy like this one. This is just a great collection of their lives put into one CD/DVD (especially on the DVD). // 10

Lyrics: The real only lyrics to talk about are just a little, alone this holiday, it could be a good excuse and zero mechinism. Great lyrics, but not amazing. Bert sounds a little more hardcore on the home demos which is a good thing. He sounds like his normal vocals but 50X better! Live, and the band impresses me through the whole album, lyric-wise and singing-wise. // 10

Overall Impression: The DVD is the real thing on the CD/DVD. Not only does it have the videos for Taste Of Ink, Box Full Of Sharp Objects, and Buried Myself Alive, but it has the making of 2 of the videos. The biography of all the mebers are great, the live concert is awesome, and the documentary teaches you everything about them. I recomend this to any other fans of The Used, or just anybody that wants to learn about them, or know them better. Amazing. // 10

Maybe Memories Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 21, 2004

Sound: On this album it shows how the used play live. It also shows rare tracks and old demos. The Sound of the live part of the album is great. There is so much energy and emotion. There live shows are very intense. There is some great unreleased track such as "Just a little". Just a little was taking of the used first album. It should have stayed its a great song. It starts of pretty slow during the verse and has a hardcore chorus. It's one of my favorite used songs. It also has a few home demos. Most of them are unheard of but it does have the orignal version of "bulimic" which is pretty cool to hear. It also includes song ideas and a christmas song which appeared on the KROQ Christmas Album. // 8

Lyrics: The Lyrics on this album are great. If you liked the lyrics on the lyrics on there debut album you will love this. For you that have not heard the debut album it starts with "maybe memories" a song about Bert's days of drug addiction. On maybe memories it shows of berts singing skills. He comes in with a glass breaking scream then breaks into a high note, he's very talented. Then follows up with "a box of sharp objects" the most energetic song. Then "on my own" which reveles there soft side but there is a twist. It's a slow song there's screaming in it. That's pure emotion. "Say days ago" is next just equaly as good as the others. // 10

Overall Impression: My overall impression was that "Maybe Memories" was a awesome album there's not too many live albums coming out with new bands. So this is a breath of fresh air. This has just so much more to offer. It has a live show, unreleased songs and demos. It also has a DVD. The DVD includes the live show on the CD but also has all there videos and the making of them and a biography on the band it is awesome. Every song is great and DVD is great. It's Definitely worth buying. // 10

Maybe Memories Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 15, 2004

Sound: The sounds awesome. The drummer and guitarist mesh so well. You really can't stop listening to them, and Burt McKracken has seriously the best voice I have ever heard. He can be really lulling, and then the next song he is screaming, and his range is incredible. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are so real, there not commercial or fake. Or just angry attention grabbers. Like in the song "Poetic Tragedy" he writes "the cup is not half empty as pesimsts say. As far as it seems nothings left in the cup" he writes about how they feel and add it in with incredible music. // 10

Overall Impression: oh, by far, The Used is my favorite band. I can listen to them non stop. And if I lost their cd, I would right back out and buy another. And the songs you should close attention to are "On My Own" ,"Poetic Tragedy" and "Box Full Of Sharp Objects". They definately have alot of meaning in their lyrics. This cd is seriously so good, when I'm listening to it, I don't have to skip over any songs I don't like, cause I like them all. You need to have this cd. It's great. // 10

Maybe Memories Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 20, 2004

Sound: The sound on this is good. The live music is played so well and is so clear. The band is great themselves. The only bad thing is that 3 songs were songs they never recorded in a recording studio. They were done at one of the band member's house when they just started so it doesnt come out so clear. Besides that the sound is great. If you really like to head band, this is a great band for you. The guitarist Quinn Allman is an easy playing guitarist, but the parts are played so hard they make you shake. The drumming is incredible, especially in the song "Just a Little". The intro has a great drumming part. The bass is great too if u listen to it. The vocalist, Burt McCracken, is amazing. His voice is so bad, that it's good. It fits the band perfectly. Their climbing their way ontop and I suggest you pick up this CD. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are wonderful. They have so much meaning. I can relate to them, especially on the song "On My Own". The lyrics are just great you can't beat them. The lyrics also just fit the music. If you heard the song once and heard it again on the radio you'd know it was The Used. The singer is horrible like I said, but he's so bad hes good. His grunge singing is awesome. He can really rip a scream and than go right back to his quiet voice. He's talented I'll tell you that. // 10

Overall Impression: Well like I said. If your angry, upset, or sad, these guys will cheer you up. Their incredible. No one can beat them for grunge rock. From being homeless kids to rising rockstars, these guys are the best. Pick up the CD. You'll be impressed, I promise you. // 10

Maybe Memories Reviewed by: pefectocean, on january 12, 2005

Sound: This is an amazing album. As far as live albums go this is one of the best I have heard. The album features live versions of songs like; "Maybe Memories" (of course), "Box Of Sharp Objects" and many more. It also features some awesome home demos and previously unreleased tracks. And if that wasn't enough it also features a 2 hour plus DVD. Now that's value for money! // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics as always with The Used are awesome. Bert McCracken in my opinion is one of the best song writers in his genre and of course his vocal ability is absolutely amazing. // 10

Overall Impression: This isn't as good as The Used other albums but then again it doesn't have completely new material on it. The best tracks on the album are "Box Of Sharp Objects (live)," "On My Own (live)" and "Alone This Holiday". This is an absolute must for any Used fan out there and also for anyone who is looking for a great band that is awesome both on CD and live. If this CD/DVD were lost or stolen there is no doubt I would buy it again in an instant. // 10

Maybe Memories Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 27, 2011

Sound: This album is amazing. It was there deubt album, and my opinion their best work. Had dramatic vocals by Bert McCracken, the Guitar was clear in the song and added alot of catchyness. The drums kept your attention and notrhing seemed out of place, and the bass was the same; just really well done. I wish they still had this sound. Not a song I didn't like. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics were really emotional. The meaning were pretty clear but still takes some knowledge about the band themselves, and what they've been through. It isn't a bunch of songs about breaking up or falling in love (well not exactly). They really give the feeling of breaking out, living your dream and finding the things you were always missing. A time for starting again. // 10

Overall Impression: I loved it, like I said their best work in my opinion. I wish they had written "All That I've Got" at this time becuase that would have just added to the awesomeness. It had amazing passion, and you could tell this is a band that have a musical connection. I think out of all their albums this is the one I'd recomend owning, and listening to. Everything was orginal at this time; the orginality that make you but never stays. // 10

Comments