The Used review by The Used

• Released: Jun 25, 2002
The Used: The Used

Wow.....that's the only word to describe this amazing band's debut CD. The Used are a new breed of rock that has more spunk to it than anything I've ever heard before. Singer, Bert McKracken, can hit the high notes like nobody's business and then turn around and scream until he pukes. The album starts off with the track "Maybe Memories." This song is mostly screaming but takes light breaks for Bert to work his magic. This is one of the best songs on the album in my opinion. Other high points include their two singles, "The Taste of Ink" and "Say Days Ago." The rest of the album includes a wide variety of songs that are nothing but amazing. "Poetic Tragedy"(my favorite), "A Box Full Of Sharp Objects", "Noise and Kisses", and "Blue and Yellow" come around the middle of the CD and add to the buildup. Every time I listen to these tracks I have to sit down and listen to them more carefully. Finally, the band shows us their softer side with the acoustic song, "On My Own." This song will give goosebumps to even the hardest of rockers. It is the perfect song to finish out the CD. I would reccomend this album to anyone. If you know the Used, you probably love them. If you're looking for more bands like them, look for the CD's, 'Tell All Your Friends' by Taking Back Sunday, 'Full Collapse' by Thursday, and 'What It Is To Burn' by Finch.