The Used review by The Used

• Released: Jun 25, 2002
The Used: The Used

Well first off I would just like to say that the used is my favorite band. The sound is amazing just like everything else about this album. Quinn Allman is an awesome guitar player. He plays simple yet it is so powerfull. Jeph is a talented bass player and he shows it. On "Say Days Ago" Jeph just sucks you in. Branden is the drummer. He has been compared with Travis Barker from Blink 182/Boxcar Racer, Hes not as good as travis but he is sure up there. And last Bert McCraken is unbeliabale his voice is so amazing he can go from screaming one word and quietly singing it the next word.

The lyrics are so amazing. "Blue And Yellow" is one of my favorite songs.It jsut shows how much the band cares for eachother. "A Box Full Of Sharp Objects" is awesome! there arnt a lot of different words but just those few words are enough. "Buried My Self Alive" anybody can relate to. and "On My Own" is so good Bert is so talented his voice is just like wow! His voice is also like Brandon Boyds from Incubus it is just so awesome. I love it when he screams he pukes and you can tell he'd do anything just to make the crowd happy on stage.

Deffinetly go and buy this album! If you like Blindside/Nirvana/Story Of The Year deffinetly this is for you! The Used arn't like many bands and thats why I like them so much. They are so original. If my CD would happen to get stolen or lost. I would go buy 2 more just incase that would happen again. Actully mine is a little cracked but its still playable. The Used have been my favorite since my friend showed me one of their music videos "A Box Full Of Sharp Objects" its a funny video. I have been listenin to their debut album for about two years and they finally came out with "Maybe Memories" which has music videos and storys of each of the band members, also a few new tracks! They are putting out a new CD August or September '04. The new album will have a lot of piano performed by Bert but trust it wont be mellow it has alot of good songd on it. I'm excited for Projekt Revolution Tour. It's The Used, Linkin Park, Less Than Jake and Snoop Dogg not sure why hes in there but yeah whatever. But this CD is worth more then tis priced at Best Buy deffinetly pick one of these days.