The Used review by The Used

• Released: Jun 25, 2002
The Used: The Used

Ingenious and completely original. Four extremely talented musicians in one band bring a completely different style of music to us. Not different in a bad way, but in a good way. The CD's first couple of tracks are hardcore and loud with a fast tempo. Maybe Memories, The Taste of Ink, Bulimic, and Say Days ago, they are a bit in your face, but are always awesome. Great music to get amped. As the CD moves on we get to Poetic Tragedy, Buried Myself Alive, and Blue And Yellow. These songs are awesome, they are still inspirational and powerful, but at the same time slower and relaxing. Then we get to On My Own and Greener with the Scenery which are acoustic based songs with a sweet sound. My personal favorites are Noise and Kisses, On My Own, and Blue and Yellow. On a scale of 1-5, I say 10.

Unlike most bands, they don't make all songs say the same thing. Each song expresses different opinions and in a way tells you about their past lives. Berts voice really shows the emotion and you completely feel what they're singing about. Not to mention they are not singing about crap like suicide, and depression. They keep things light and the most hardcore song is probably Say Days Ago which sings about Berts use of Crystal Meth before he joined the band. Warning however, they drop the F-Bomb in The Taste of Ink and one other song.

Excellent CD, definatly worth buying. The Used is my idea of what a true band is, they do all of their own writing, playing, and performing. They don't rely on computer generated effects and are the real thing. This CD put The Used as my favorite band and thats great considering all the types of music I listen to (Coldplay to Guns N' Roses, O.A.R to the Darkness.) Go buy this CD!