The Used review by The Used

• Released: Jun 25, 2002
The Used: The Used

For the first album of the band, these guys have suceeded in going over the top. Everyone in the band has contributed all they have into the music which forms some pretty amazing sounds. You can't focus on anything else while listening to this album, the music glues you to it, the sound is so exciting and raw, it's hard to ignore.

If the sound's not good enough, the lyrics are. No matter how much you listen to it, it never gets old. Bert McCraken (vocals) wrote the lyrics about the band and their lives but really, anyone can relate to them. They go deeper than the music and are really incredible. I love the screaming Bert does, it's not fake or anything, it's the real deal. They were very well done, and Bert's voice goes perfectly with the band's style.

Overall, I'd have to say these guys are the best band alive. This album's very addicting and recommend it to everyone. From screeching vocals and amazing power chords (Maybe Memories) to great acoustics and slow songs (On My Own) it's all here in one place. No songs are better than the other, they are all really impressive.