The Used review by The Used

• Released: Jun 25, 2002
The Used: The Used

Amazing. Every single track. Within the first 8 and a half months of owning this CD, I havent let anyone touch it. Now I do, but thats a different story. Evryone is amazing. Quinn Allman is an amazing guitarist, more shown live on songs from In Love And Death (again a different story). The Used is not like any other band. You can't say it's just another band. They have amazing potential, and an even better sound. They also went through a lot of hard times (see Maybe Memories CD/DVD) to get this album out, and just to get anywhere, and they really sound like they've been clean and doing music before birth.

Bert has an awesome voice. In Blue And Yellow, his voice sounds like a harmonic. On Maybe Memories he sounds like a completely different person. The lyrics are amazing. In all the songs, you get a certain feeling after listening to them. Like a "Wow, these lyrics are amazing" kind of feeling. Lyricly, Taste Of Ink is the best song in my opinoin. But you have to listen to the lyrics, if you look them up, you might not get it, but if you listen to them and figure them out, you get it more. I can't express how good the lyrics and vocals are.

The first time I listened to this CD, The Used was immiedietly my favorite band. Nothing on the album is bad. Everything is amazing, perfected, and made better after that. My favoritre songs on the album are Maybe Memories, Taste Of Ink, Choke Me and Buried Myself Alive. I had to stop, thinking about it, every single song on the album is my favorite. I can't stop listening to them. They are amazing. Quinn is amazing, Jeph is crazy. Branden is the best drummer ever. Bert's voice is the best voice ever. The Used is the perfect band for anyone that likes any rock genre. Hardcore to metal to screamo. anyone can and will like them. Go get this CD now, it's the best one out there.

wingedgopher
    the vocals are great with this band but i cant help but not really like the guitar work. otherwise theyre pretty good.
    randomkiller
    wingedgopher, the guitar work is amazing. they get repitive, they mainly use the same chord the whole album(E5, Drop D) but they are still amazing. quinn is an amazing guitarist, and ur deaf.
    bazooka-joe182
    i think the used is one of the best and most emotional band ever! i love them to deahth! my fav band: The cure, blink-182 (box car racer, transplants, +44, amgels and airwaves too), rise against and the used