The Used review by The Used

• Released: Jun 25, 2002
The Used: The Used

The Used has always sounded good, and they even started as a good band. Some songs are very well put together, such as The Taste Of Ink, Buried Myself Alive, Noise And Kisses, and some, well, not so good, such as Sad Days Ago. There is a bonus track at the end the song Pieces Mended, and unlike most bands, just before that, they have a little recording of a stripper coming for Bert's birthday.

The lyrics are pretty good, even though some don't make too much sense. Overall, the lyrics are great and meaningful. The lyrics go very well with the music, but some songs, you can't hear the lyrics too well because the vocals have a wierd sound. Bert is a great singer by my opinion, but in some songs, he's not so great.

This CD is good along with the other cds by The Used. The best songs from this album are The Taste Of Ink, Buried Myself Alive, A Box Full Of Sharp Objects, and Noise And Kisses. I love that The Used's first CD was really good, with songs that I'll never get tired of. I don't like that some songs are just plain annoying. Also, it looks like a burned CD due to the lack of artwork on the actually CD. It's silver, with The Used in gray with some more gray designs. If I ever lost or if it was stolen, I would definately buy it again. It was a great CD to have.