The Used review by The Used

• Released: Jun 25, 2002
The Used: The Used

Of all the albums The Used have made, this is my favourite. Everytime I listen to their music or watch one of their music videos I ask myself, 'How do they do it, how can they be so good?" Their sound is so amazing. I have never really liked screaming music until I heard this band. I love the way they play their melodic/harmonic music and and then bust out amazing screaming and hard music. I quote Craig Kilborne ( host of the late show), "A promising group with the charming habit of interrupting tuneful passages with temper tantrums."

Overall, in one word to describe the lyrics: amazing, outstanding, incredible, deep, meaningfull. I love the lyrics and how hard it is to unlock the meaning of the lyrics. I think the complience of the lyrics with the music is perfect, though sometimes the lyrics may leap over to other bars and leap over the same voice whilst recorded, it all sounds great. The singers skills are unlimited. he sings so well, both live and recorded, and he tries so hard to successfully deliver a powerful grudged scream, and he delivers it perfectly making him very easy to listen to. I especially love his abillity to sing aloud and roughen his voice. The backup singing is also done greatly adding a high, soft tone to Bert McCrackens low, rough voice.

I believe that, compered to other artists, this particular band would be very high in the list. Perhaps the most impressive are "The Bird And The Worm" and "Taste Of Ink," these particular songs also being my favourite on the albums (though I enjoy listening to all their songs on the album). I love everything about the album, the listing, the lyrics, the style, the music, the singing, and pretty much anything everything. There is nothing that I hate about this album. If it were stole or lost, I would have no choice but to hurry and by another!

joeowens994