Vulnerable review by The Used

• Released: Mar 26, 2012
The Used: Vulnerable

The brand new album from The Used "Vulnerable", is pretty much what a lot of fans could expect from another Used album. Dubstep/metal breakdowns aside; The Used have always been a fairly artistic band that likes finding different objects to create usable noise for their albums. Before the release of the album, there were four tracks released through YouTube and if you did hear these, they are probably some of the worst tracks on the album, though still great. The way the songs transition throughout the album is great and very well put together and as usual, they never cease to amaze me.

The lyrics like in all albums past are very creative and dig deep into the band's hearts I feel. Though one of the heavier tracks on the album uses cigarettes over and over and over again, The Used have always come up with creative and drawing lyrics in their music well complimented by the music and the structure of the music.

In comparison to the past the band has had, it's hard to live up to which I believe they did struggle doing because it does not add up to The Used's earlier work. "Put Me Out" is probably the heaviest song on the album and is my favorite but I think the whole album is worthy of a listen. A lot of good things come from this album but please... Bands really need to keep this new dubstep craze out of the rock and punk worlds. It's a great album and recommend picking it up. Go have a listen!

Paecemaker
    I think it's a solid record ... can't compare it to Artwork (which i like) because none of them album sounds the same as previous one. I like it, really like it. Who likes them, will be satisfied Who doesn't, go, give it a shot!
    -xCaMRocKx-
    I might give this a try. I thought their first two albums were great, and their third was pretty good, but I didn't bother with Artwork.
    vppark2
    Madballrules wrote: So it's definitely worth getting? I thought Artwork was severely disappointing.
    Yeah man. I totally agree with the reviewer, but in all honestly, they didn't put tht much dubstep into this album. I have nvr been a fan of this band, but this album is very good. It's a nice new side to them, if i were u tho id preview each track on itunes first, then judge those and see if u like them, and pick up the album if u do, if u really want to buy it.
    ColdHeartedHero
    Theres no dubstep...wtf are you people talking about?: Theres a littl bit of electronic work here and there...but no dubstep. If you liked Lies for the Liars, you'll probably like this album. Lyrically, it was okay. I dont know how many times the Used can sing about "saying goodbye". the music was fun and uppity. Quinn never ceases to please. Overall, id say its about an 8/10. check it out.
    MellowMeadow
    I listened to the single "I come Alive" felt like generic music with occasional dubstep. Pass.