Hook Me Up review by The Veronicas

• Released: Oct 1, 2007
The Veronicas: Hook Me Up

The album has a heavier rock sound with some computerization introduced to enhance its '80s rock/pop genre. Lots of computer soundings were added rather than guitars, but that is not a bad thing. The songs sound really cool, and when they do add guitars, they have cool effects. It has twelve songs. Let me tell you though, this album is fantastic.

The lyrics are really cool. They sound really great. The words seem deeper and more dramatic, perhaps growing up a little with their fan base. Liss and Jess vokal is amazing, especially with this type of genre. The way they sings all the songs is really cool.

This album is an amazing. As a very big fan of the first album, I was very scepticle of this albums release. Would they be able to carry on the cleverly crafted songs from The Secret Life Of...? True, this album is different from the first. Realistically, we cannot expect the girls to produce a "carry on" from their last album, how dull would that be? They have grown musically and branched out into a new sound. This album is amazing, and we should be congratulating the girls, not comparing them to their previous work!

Mw511
    I don't like this album at all... I prefer the first one! =)
    ImagineTheThorn
    DJRplaysGuitar
    I couldn't agree more. I've listened to the entire album,(got it off iTunes) three times, and it's really freaking awesome! At least, I think that.
    guitarfreak222
    ImagineTheThorn wrote: I really couldn't stand these girls when I first heard them, but when my friend asked me if I wanted to go see them in concert, I thought, what the hell? It's a concert, I'll go. And the more I listened to their songs, the more they grew on me. They're good for a nice pleasent breakdown on my iPod between bands like Cannibal Corpse, Metallica, and Type O Negative,
    wow its like cannibal corpse RRRRROOOOOAAAAARRRR then the veronicas...i would find that very wierd.