Hook Me Up Review

The Veronicas: Hook Me Up
Release Date: Oct 1, 2007
Label: Wea/Warner
Genres: Rock
Hook Me Up is a strong confirmation of the Veronicas' considerable talents, and easily one of the finest teen pop releases of the year.
 9.4
 9.7
 9.1
review (1) 6 comments vote for this album:
Hook Me Up Reviewed by: gruchopower, on january 08, 2008

Sound: The album has a heavier rock sound with some computerization introduced to enhance its '80s rock/pop genre. Lots of computer soundings were added rather than guitars, but that is not a bad thing. The songs sound really cool, and when they do add guitars, they have cool effects. It has twelve songs. Let me tell you though, this album is fantastic. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are really cool. They sound really great. The words seem deeper and more dramatic, perhaps growing up a little with their fan base. Liss and Jess vokal is amazing, especially with this type of genre. The way they sings all the songs is really cool. // 9

Overall Impression: This album is an amazing. As a very big fan of the first album, I was very scepticle of this albums release. Would they be able to carry on the cleverly crafted songs from The Secret Life Of...? True, this album is different from the first. Realistically, we cannot expect the girls to produce a "carry on" from their last album, how dull would that be? They have grown musically and branched out into a new sound. This album is amazing, and we should be congratulating the girls, not comparing them to their previous work! // 10

Comments