Hats Off To The Buskers review by The View

• Released: Jan 22, 2007
The View: Hats Off To The Buskers

This album is absolutely immense. The sound is youthful, full of spirit and excitement. It has a unproduced feel to it which keeps it very raw and fresh. Some of the more produced bits have just added to the quality of the sound. Kyle (lead singer & rythym guitar) voice is brilliant. He has a thick scottish accent which adds more depth into the lyrics and overall performance. He is able to raise and lower the pitch of his voice to suit the song and still sing brilliantly.

The lyrics aren't absolutely astonishing but they have feeling and depth with a story line behind each song. The Don is an absolutely amazing piece of music. The chorus for Wasted Little Dj's is probably the most original chorus in years as Kyle sing the first line of it in double dutch and most people have a hard time working it out. The best lyrics probably belong to the song, Face For The Radio, is an emotional song with extreme feeling and has a resounding uplifting quality to it. The lyrics overall are about the adventures of the boys and their live so far.

My overall opinion of the album is of sheer delight. It does seem to drone o a bit towards the end but it is perfect other than that. The songs have a nice variation with heaps of talent in the band. This could be the beginning of something great. The View, The View, The View are on fire.

rob ryan
    I LOVE THIS ALBUM!!! Sounds like a mixture of Oasis, The Libertines and The Proclaimers (....a bit)
    mckilton
    MEmmett, you're wrong...'nuff said! Get back to us when you develop a taste for music
    McBlunty
    I have been listening to this cd nearly non-stop since its release in late January, and I have to say it is one of the best debut albums in a LONG time. There is such a rich blend of songs here, something for everyone as it were, but the quick-tempo vibe and hard crashing guitars gives us music that is as exhilirating as it is pacy. I rate this album right up there with The Killers' debut Hot Fuss as two of the best new releases in years.