Hats Off To The Buskers review by The View

• Released: Jan 22, 2007
The View: Hats Off To The Buskers

The View are an indie-rock band from Scotland who went big with their catchy single 'Same Jeans'. Their guitarist has some great solos up his sleeve and this is highlighted on the track 'face for the radio'. Overall they have an upbeat feel about the music which makes it sound great. Though there are certainyl some fillers on the album, there are some top quality tracks too raining from soft acoustic numbers to harder rock songs. The range of sounds works well and gives the album a balanced feel.

The lyrics are by no means amazing but there are some good lyrics in the album but some of the songs are slightly unoriginal in this sense. The Don is probably the best song lyrically and the music fits well with the song. The singer has a great accent and uses his lyrics effectively, particularly in Superstar Tradesman.

It isn't the best album of 2007 by any means but it is not completely out of the picture. The albums falls down on lack of originality but this isn't saying it isn't a great listen, just there are other bands making better music (Arcade Fire to name one). The best song is 'Superstar Tradesman', this is by far my favourite and one of my favourite songs of 2007. However there are some very poor tracks on the album. Like 'Dance Into the Night' and 'Skag Trendy'. These songs bring down the quality of the album somwehat but overall it is a very solid album which is an enjoyable listen. If it were lost or stolen I would probably not buy it again, it is good just not anything groundbreaking.

TheWorks
    I'm from Edinburgh and even I sometimes have no clue what he's saying. Especially in the chorus for Wasted Little Dj's. At first I thought it was pig latin
    MEmmett
    Lol, come back when you develop a taste? I think that is a bit of music facism there. It's called an opinion, you ****ers.