Hats Off To The Buskers review by The View

• Released: Jan 22, 2007
The View: Hats Off To The Buskers

The views are an energetic and very talented indie band which just shows really with this album. All the songs have its independence not all on the same subject. They are a brilliant band live I must say so the studio album might not be up to standard but no it's brilliant all with its own touch if you like. Songs that stand out for me are wasted little DJ's an energetic, catchy song and also skag trendy a very catchy bass line with very different but also outstanding vocals.

The lyrics are pretty much as simple as the actual songs sarcastic and quite witty such as the song 'You Have A Face For The Radio'. They are quite silly and quite outstanding to get away with that kind of approach but they are very good at it. Kyle falconer is a brilliant front man because of his live performance and vocals at the same time. You couldn't get anyone else like him he is unique, one of a kind. The heavy Scottish accent brings a certain vibe to all the songs which is such a brilliant thing.

Overall the album is brilliant with each person bringing in their own special talent to the band. They are so energetic live and always really fun to see. I love all the different kind of songs in the album and the sarcastic and silly touch to it. Buy it because it is definitely worth the money.

craigweir88
    god sake!!! why does everyone bitch about them...oh they sound like the libertines....oh wait yeah kyle said they are heavily influenced by PETE DOHERTY....hmmm wonder why they sound a bit like them.....and for the people knocking the lyrics..."oh they don't have any meaning" they do if you are scottish/from dundee and i agree not all the lyrics have a deep meaning....but so what...most songs don't....stupid f***ers....."libs clones"....explain to me how they are....they dont actually sound like the libertines while singing or playing...don't gt me wrong, i am a huge libertines fan, massive, always have been, always will be, but the view have there own sound...and for people who say same jeans rips of brimfull of asha...that was a s*** song anyway which had no meaning!!!! :O .... it sounds similar but its not the same....don't look back into the sun has the exact same chords as a oasis song....but no one bitches about that.....awell must be cause we are scottish.....THE VIEW, THE VIEW, THE VIEW ARE ONE FIRE!!
    craigweir88
    GoldSoundzUKNZ
    i didn't mind this album. the tracklisting was a problem though - new fluidity, just randomly dotted here and there. some great songs though. and who cares about the lyrics - i've heard far worse.
    GoldSoundzUKNZ
    GoldSoundzUKNZ wrote: the tracklisting was a problem though - new fluidity, just randomly dotted here and there.
    sorry that was meant to be 'no ' fluidity. my bad. still a good album