Highly Evolved review by The Vines

• Released: Jun 15, 2002
The Vines: Highly Evolved

I have to say this album as a whole is not as good as the others, although it does have some good quality to it. It is a typical Vines album, because it has a pretty even mix of distorted, heavy songs and also lighter, acoustic songs. The best part about this album is the cool bass lines.

I think the lyrics fit very well with the sound of the music. Craig's voice coincides beautifully with both the alternative rock songs and the garage rock songs. My brother tells me the Vines are horrible because of the singer, but I think he does a very good job of versitality between the different types of songs.

Overall, Vision Valley is a pretty good album. The tracks that stand out to me are "Vision Valley", "Candy Daze", "Don't Listen To The Radio", "Take Me Back", and "Spaceship". On this album, the alternative type songs do more for me than the heavy ones. If you are planning on purchasing a Vines album, I would recommend Highly Evolved, but if you are a Vines fan, Vision Valley will be a good addition to your collection.