Vision Valley review by The Vines

• Released: Apr 4, 2006
The Vines: Vision Valley

The sound of this album is a lot like Highly Evolved and Winning Days; very much a groovy rock sound with Craig's unique vocals allowing the vines to sound unlike anyone else. The difference with this album is the lack of ballad-type soft songs. Not that this is a bad thing, as this album has a very fun sound to it, though does have it's serious moments with songs such as going gone.

The overall sound of the songs on 'Vision Valley' is possibly the best of the vines yet, and the lyrics also seem to be of top quality. Though I'm not one to analyze lyrics, or read through booklets learning all the words, the lyrics flow through the songs perfectly and Craig's voice is perfect in every song. There is, every now and then, a moment where Craig just wails the same noise over and over again, and this does get annoying, but it's rare and the rest of the song makes up for it. Most of the lyrics are what you'd expect from a rock band, but I found the lyrics in going gone to be quite touching.

I would say this is the vines at their best. I feel that all the Vines albums have their weak and strong points, and they're all mediocore. This is no different in a way, as in a couple of months this album will not stick out to me anymore and I'll be waiting for the next vines album. In my personal opinion best songs would be: Anysound, Nothing's Coming, Gross Out and Going Gone. Overall, the album is better than a lot of albums, but not the best. If you enjoy rock; stoner or funky, the vines are perfect, not many do it better as far as I know. If it were stolen or lost, I would most definently buy it again as I'm quite proud of my vines collection.