Winning Days review by The Vines

• Released: Mar 23, 2004
The Vines: Winning Days

I'm a big Vines fan. Especially of their instrumental music. I love how the music changes from hard rock (Rock, F.T.W., Animal Machine) to soft rock (Winning Days, Sunchild). Some riffs Craig Nicholls writes are simple such as in ride, the solo is just bending one note at a time over and over but it sounds cool, so I'm sold with that. And a lot of his soft mellow music is very different then most riffs, which I think is awesome. I think the music has improved since the last album made.

Nicholls's lyrics are nothing special. But the way he sings it (well screams it really) is so cool. They work well with music written. I just think the lyrics could have a deeper meaning. And especially with Autumn Shade 2, that was really the only song I was disappointed with, because I enjoyed the 1st one better on their Highly Evolved CD. It's still a decent song, but it could be better.

The Vines are one of my favorite bands. I love the style changes. My favorite songs are Ride, Animal Machine, and Winning Days. I think it's worth buying and if I lost it I would buy it again. But before I'd buy I'd make that you like The Vines first, listen to a few of there songs first, don't just pick it up randomly, because these guys are a band you either like or don't like.