Winning Days review by The Vines

• Released: Mar 23, 2004
The Vines: Winning Days

The Vines - Winning Days has great sound, you can really distinguish the different instruments from each other. The guitars heavy distortion never overtakes the bass or the drumming. Craig's voice volume has been turned down since the last album; they're becoming an actual band, not like their highly evolved album where craig is put ontop of everything. The harmony-singing is easily heard along with the whole rest of the music. Here is a tip for people who want to figure out harmony-singing or guitar riffs easily - plug your earphones out very slightly (not even a millimetre) from your mp3 or CD player; the lead singing and all the added stuff added to the song will not be heard.

The lyrics overall are very good. The complicated no-sense (at least to me) style lyrics really make The Vines a unique band. They've cut off on negtivity a bit since their last album which is a good thing.

I would give the CD the "Album Of The Year Award" if that existed. Ride and Animal Machine are defenitly the most impressive songs from this album, and remind me of nirvana. Rainfall and Winning Days remind me of The Beatles. Although this CD involves more of the band as a whole than Highly Evolved, the front cover totally annoys me: Craig's head in large and colorful and the other band members in tiny and black/white. If Craig really wants to make him the most important then he should change the band name to "Craig Nichols", but then of course he would get the bad reputation of an "Avril Lavigne" type band. If I would lose this CD I would buy it again and I recomend it to all of you out there.

idpod
    I love this album! I really like TV pro and Autumn shade 2. This album is so catchy