Breach review by The Wallflowers

• Released: Sep 26, 2000
The Wallflowers: Breach

Unlike it's predcessor, Breach is an album of redemption and belonging.The Wallflowers have always had a solid sound of American rock and with that sound they make it their own. Sure anyone can play American rock, but The Wallflowers make it something different and unique. This album has your typical Wallflower accordian, acoustics, and keyboards. The songs on this album are very wide, you get a little bit of everything you would expect from a rock record, but it doesn't outstretch that limit of genre. Great sound.

Jackob Dylan is the writer of every song on this album. Jackob who? Yeah the oldest son of the famous Bob Dylan. Bob who? Well that really doesn't matter because Jakob Dylan really shines on one song in particular on this album. The song "Hand Me Down" is a shot to the critics that expect too much while comparing him to his father Bob. He sings "you're a hand me down, it's better when you're not around". His writing is very delicately crafted from a true songwriter. Jakob is great, too bad he "is" Bob Dylan's son.

This is my 2nd favorite Wallflower album. It came out in 2000 and was the follow-up to the multi-platium selling album "Bringin' Down the Horse that was released in 1996. It did let loose the single "Sleepwalker" which peaked at #73. The album's other singles such as "Letters From the Wasteland" and "Some Flowers Bloom Dead" faired well on AAA radio stations. This album has been certified Gold which is sales of 600,000 copies but no more then 1 million. I would defionatley own this album if it were to be broken or lost/stolen. If you liked "One Headlight" and "6th Avenue Heartache" you'll love this album, although it is a little more mature then the predecessor it is a great listen.

rob_acoustic
    DownInAHole. wrote: Nice review. Glad to see you back.
    Hey thanks, I do appriciate it. It's been a long time. Nice to know someone likes my reviews.
    Ballsack5000
    I just got this a couple of days ago and bringing down the horse today. breach is cooler but both were really good. I've been missing out on some good music for far too long