The Weak Men Review

The Weak Men: The Weak Men
Release Date: 2006
Label: Noah's Farce Records
Genres: Indie
This band is local to the Provo scene and are not known out of Utah, they do this because they love it.
 9.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
The Weak Men Reviewed by: spencerwcp, on may 12, 2006

Sound: This band is local to the Provo scene and are not known out of Utah, they do this because they love it, not to get signed they do it, because they know that they have something special that comes from these five guy. This CD is their own CD. It was recorded at various locations including the Y studios. They are more experimental and progressive than anything. That is saying something, they know what they are doing. These guys are wicked awesome and one of the best local bands I have seen in a long time. // 10

Lyrics: Well, being as they are experimental and progressive they don't really have vocals, but in like 3 songs they do, and they are some super sweet lyrics. they will recite the same line, and this can't work for most but they pull it of, with lines such as "I wondered then/but now I am fine." The singer's skills are as good and better than anyone who is signed by an indie or major record company. // 8

Overall Impression: This, is a sweet album and it compares to any other local band, better than any local band. The most impressive song on this album is Core, it is so different, they go from Pianisimo To Fortisimo and Back Again and it just works. The one song I dislike is track number one, or a Waltz as they call it, it just never gave me something to like. If this was lost or stolen I would deffinately pick up another one. // 9

Comments